The first year of study is common to the three year Full Time Diploma Course in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
- Candidates of both sexes are admitted as per instructions from the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates for admission shall be required to have passes 10 years S.S.L.C. Examination of "10, +2" pattern (or)
- The Anglo - Indian High School Examination with eligibility for Higher Secondary Course in Tamil Nadu.
- The Matriculation Examination of the Madras and Madurai Kamaraj Universities, (or),
- Any other examination recovnised as equivalent to the above by the Board of Secondary education, Tamil Nadu.
Admission of Candidates into III Semester:
For an admission of Higher Secondary (Vocational Stream) Candidates in the II year of the Diploma course, the admission of Candidates will be restricted to 10 percent over and above the sanctioned intake.
Admission of Vocational Stream Candidates into III Semester:-
12th Science with Vocational / Technical or X, +(2 year, I.T.I.) with appropriate specification.